September 10, 2008

Van Gogh Self Portrait Painting Made to Look Like a Photograph

This is, in my opinion, a great real-life rendition by Mataleone of one of Vincent van Gogh's many self portraits. I really like the photoshopped work 'cause I believe that, for the most part, Mataleone succeeds in capturing and encapsulating some of the essence of the painting. I particularly like the penetrating eyes on the real life version. Who's eyes are those you ask?

Lunatica Desnuda has published "humanized" cartoons in the past but this is one of the best pictorialized anything I've seen before. Visit this link to see the cartoons "Untooning Stewie, Peter Griffin, Marge Simpson,Dumbo and More - Cartoons Made to Look Alive"

Thank you Lucius and Pablo for this great link!


Self Portrait, 1889, Musee d'Orsay, Paris



Visit Mataleone here for more great work

3 comments: