September 6, 2008

Animated Norman Rockwell Self-Portrait - "Portrait of Norman Rockwell Painting the Soda Jerk"

Norman Rockwell (1894-1978) is one of the best known American painters and illustrators of the 20th century. "His works enjoy a broad popular appeal in the United States, where Rockwell is most famous for the cover illustrations of everyday life scenarios he created for The Saturday Evening Post magazine over more than four decades" says Wikipedia.

I really like the short, computer animated YouTube video of Rockwell's Portrait of Norman Rockwell Painting the Soda Jerk painting. Until the painter stiffly drops his head and then picks it up at the end of the vid's 14 second run, I could have sworn it was an old reel of the American master at work. My only wish is that the cleverly done animated work would have been longer.

I added Rockwell's "Triple Self Portrait" just for the hell of it and 'cause it is my favorite.

"Portrait of Norman Rockwell Painting the Soda Jerk", 1953




"Triple Self Portrait", 1960
via

2 comments:

  1. good!!
    look this, van gogh real

    http://mataleonebr.blogspot.com/2008/09/vincent-van-gogh-real.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucius that is great! I love it. A guy by the name of Pablo left me the same link someplace else. I will publish it right now. Thanks a lot. Gracias. Obrigada.

    ReplyDelete