September 1, 2008
Amazing Body Art from the 2008 World Bodypainting Festival in Daegu, South Korea
The World Bodypainting Asian Awards were held in Daegu, South Korea from August 25-31 and renowned body painting artists such as John Vargas who has been featured in Lunatica before, was one of the many artists who participated in the colorful event.
Other really amazing body painters we have featured here are Emma Hack and Emma Cammack. Check out their fantastic work.
"Since 1998 Europe's most colorful event has taken place in Seeboden Austria. The "World Bodypainting Festival" is the largest Art event in the Bodypainting theme and spreads the art form to thousands of interested visitors each year".
Now the Festival is expanding with a vibrant and dedicated team in South Korea to host a second event."
"The World Bodypainting Festival with the Asian Awards was held in the Daegu Stadium(World Cup Stadium), in Daegu from 25 - 31 August 2008 for the first time".
- international contest with the Asian Awards in 4 categories
- Asian Facepainting and Special Effects Make-up Awards
- Semi-professional contest
- Festival Academy with workshops classes and demonstrations
- BodyCircus, the shrill and magical fantasy ball in the "Novotel" hotel(Downtown Daegu)
- Extensive exhibition area with audience contests
- Music & show performances, evening concerts
- International photo contest
- Festival TV with interviews, live broadcasts and web streaming"
quotes and images
The 2008 themes were:
"Myths and Fairy Tales" and
"Future World" on the final day.