September 3, 2008

ALMACAN's Amazing Surrealistic Mechanical Digital Portraits

I absolutely love this surrealistic digital portraits! The artist's name is ALMACAN aka Kazuhiko Nakamura and he draws his inspiration from surrealism and cyberpunk. He also acknowledges the influence of 19th century machine designs and armor and those influences are pretty clear in ALMACAN's amazingly evocative, anthropomorphic, pseudo-organic art.

"I began this site (Mechanical Mirage Art Gallery) so that I could publically display my private works of art. I am inspired by surrealism and cyberpunk styles of art. I find myself drawn to 19th century machine designs and armor among other things from that time period as motif. All of these images have been created with a portrait style while still containing a puzzle type quality."

Monorogue

Floating of Antlion

Automaton

The Armed Maiden

Corsetrap

Metamorphosis

Requiem for Industry

Head + Dead

Glasshead

The End of Flight Zone

Triceratops

The Tower of Beetle

Spiral Memory

Shell in the Darkness

Silence in a Sandglass

Beehive

ALMACAN

No comments:

Post a Comment